Friday, December 28, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
I have no pictures from last week. I took a look at the shawl and didn't like how it looked so out it came. I don't like working with white/ecru. I always think it looks off. I think I will skip the shawl for now and start on her dress. The white may be why my stitching on her has slowed down. Hopefully I can catch up to Andie and Mel if I start her dress this week. We will see.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
I have decided to follow Andie and start the 50 project challenge. I decided on 50 because I really want to start the Chatelaine Celtic Garden Mystery, but I can't justify the cost with the amount of stash I have yet to be completed. So I made a deal with my husband and pulled out 50 projects. Most are kitted up but some still need floss or fabric. After I have completed 25 projects I can join the mystery and download the pattern. After 50 projects are completed I can order the materials/kit for the project as a birthday, Christmas or anniversary gift, depending upon what time of year I finish.
Start Date December 8, 2007
1. Have fun reducing your stash.
2. There is no time limit- people have different size projects they would like to work on.
3. Thou shall not purchase any new patterns until 10, 25, or 50 projects have been stitched. Pattern size does not matter. WIPs and UFOs finishes count.
4. This challenge can also apply to knitting, beading, sewing and crocheting patterns.
5. You can make some exemptions - I am not placing limitations on this due to commitments that people might already have. Remember, though, the goal of this challenge is to reduce stash so too many exemptions will sabotage these efforts. I have declared three exemptions.
6. Gifts, gift cards, trades, RAKs and patterns bought with gift money are not a violation of this challenge.
7. Freebies count as part of your total and you can acquire them at any point.
8. You do not have to declare the projects you intend to work on. (If listing would make you feel better please do so)
9. The official start date of this challenge was Sept 1, 2006 since I have been posting about it for awhile and want to make sure the everyone’s projects have been included. All projects finished on or after this date count for the challenge. Example: you have been working TW’s Peacock Tapestry for the past 36 months and you finally finished it on Sept. 12th… it counts as part of your total for the challenge.
1. Halloween Fairy WIP Done June 2008
My 50 Project List:
2.Trinity's Baby Sampler- Sam Sarah Sweet, Sweet Babe Done 2/17/08
3. Christmas Tree by M Designs WIP
4. Celtic Autumn SAL with Andie and Mel
5.Nash's Baby Sampler - Sisters and Best Friends Birth Sampler Bless Done June 2008
6. Debbie's Baby Sampler TBD
7. Patriotic Row
8. Flag Pillow WIP
9. Tink's Kiss Done 12/13/07
10. Buzz Lightyear Infinity and Beyond Done 12/12/07
11. Patriotic Thoughts
12. Old Glory
13. Elizabeth McGuire
14. Mary Heaton
15. Lucy Fairchild
16. Julia Flynn
17. Hannah Purington
18. Needlework School
19. Colonial Homes
20. Brave Hearts
21. We The People
22. A Wife's Prayer
23. Little League
24. Little Ballerinas
25. Four Leaf Clover Done June 2008
26. Celtic Cross
27. Snowflake Surprise Done 1/28/08
28. Kiley Tree
29. Aidan Tree
31. A Primitive Stocking
32. Catherine Agnes
33. Easter Fairy
34. Christmas Elf Fairy
35. New Years Fairy
36. Thanksgiving Fairy
37. Valentines Fairy
38. In The Arms of An Angel
39. Fairy Grandmother
40. Aidan's Giraffe
41. November Topaz Fairy
42. Enchanted Alphabet WIP
43. Christmas Santa Ornament WIP
44. Deck the Halls Bell Pull WIP
45. Country Quilt Squares Afghan WIP
46. Fairy Moon
47. Little Spot Sampler Done 1/27/08
48. Chrystal Hearts
49. Sampler Quilt
50. Falling Leaves
My exemptions are: my fabric of the month club from Silkweaver Fabrics; my Celtic Ladies continuous SAL with Andie and Mel: and the Celtic Garden Mystery deal I have with my husband(who by the way does not think I can make it without buying stash but I am out to prove him wrong LOL).